A: Hello? A: 您好。

B: Hi, this is Kenneth from Royal Insurance. Am I speaking to Sam Chen? B: 您好,我是Royal Insurance保险公司的Kenneth。请问是Sam Chen吗?

A: This is Sam. Can I help you with anything? A: 我是Sam。请问有什么事吗?

B: Well, I'm very excited to share with you some of the latest products that we are offering. B: 非常高兴来向您介绍我们推出的一些最新产品。

A: Actually, now isn't the best time. A: 其实,现在不是很方便。

B: Not a problem. May I ask when a more convenient time would be? B: 没关系,那请问什么时候方便呢?

A: Um, well I already have insurance coverage. A: 呃,其实我已经有保险了。

B: Of course, Sam. However, these products are quite flexible and could possibly offer you more value. B: 当然了,Sam。但是,我们的这些产品选择多样,可能会给你带来更多价值。

A: I'm sorry. I can't make any decisions without talking to my husband first. A: 抱歉。我得先跟丈夫商量,才能做决定。

B: No problem. If you'd like to talk to him first, I can leave you my contact details and... B: 没问题。如果您想先跟他商量,我可以留下我的具体联系方式,然后......

A: Not interested, sorry. A: 不好意思,不感兴趣。

<aside> 💡 语法

</aside>

Without doing something first

In today’s lesson, Sam tells Kenneth that she can’t make any decisions without talking to her husband first.

本课中,Sam跟Kenneth说她得先跟丈夫商量,才能做决定。

We use this pattern all the time to express that we can’t do X until we have first done Y. Or, in other words, If you want to do X, then you first need to do Y.

这种表达用于表示做X之前必须先做Y。或者是如果要做X,必须先做Y。